[Corpora-List] free sentencizers, i.e. programs that segment text into sentences

Joerg Schuster js at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 18 09:08:43 UTC 2003

Hello,

I recently asked for sentencizers, i.e. programs that segment text into
sentences. Here is a first overview of the links that I have been sent.

+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+------------+
|NAME/AUTHOR     |WEB SITE                                                  |COMMENT     |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+------------+
|mxterminator    |http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~adwait/statnlp.html             |java        |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+------------+
|ttt             |http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/software/ttt/index.html           |Seems to be |
|                |                                                          |available   |
|                |                                                          |only for    |
|                |                                                          |SPARC       |
|                |                                                          |machines.   |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+------------+
|shlomoy:sentence|http://search.cpan.org/author/SHLOMOY/                    |perl module |
|                |Lingua-EN-Sentence-0.25/lib/Lingua/EN/Sentence.pm         |            |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+------------+
|tgrose:sentence |http://search.cpan.org/author/TGROSE/HTML-Summary-0.017/  |perl module |
|Guenther        |http://www.skijumping-pictures.com/uni/xml.php            |cgi script; |
|                |                                                          |to appear   |
|satz            |http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/src/satz/                     |written in  |
|                |                                                          |c; has to be|
|                |                                                          |trained     |
|sentence.cgi    |http://misshoover.si.umich.edu/~zzheng/sentence/          |cgi script  |