[Corpora-List] BNC word list

krausse krausse at fh-nordhausen.de
Wed Jul 2 10:08:33 UTC 2003

Dear everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I asked whether anybody could point me in the
direction of a word list of the BNC. I had a few answers to that and
followed up some trails but the word lists I found were all restricted
in some way. I tried to load the whole BNC into WordSmith and create my
own version but I didn't manage to create a word list bigger than 300
and something thousand words, which can't be all the words of the BNC
(although I played around with the settings).

So I am just trying again and asking whether anyone knows of the
existence of a word list with the full 940.000 words from the BNC.

Many thanks,
Sylvana Krausse