[Corpora-List] Right to left

Vladimir Benko Vladimir.Benko at fedu.uniba.sk
Thu Jul 24 02:00:00 UTC 2003

> Well, Hebrew and Arabic are the obvious ones, and I'd be curious myself to
> know what other ones are out there. Anyone know of any pages in Aramaic or
> Syriac?

There is a nice web page containing samples of many languages:

    http://www.trigeminal.com/samples/provincial.html

Some of the texts contain a question mark at their left side.

The fonts display fine if you have a Unicode font installed, such as
Arial Unicode MS on the Windows-based systems.  For some reasons, the
right-to-left feature does not work with Opera (7.11, MS Win 98), but
Mozilla (1.4) and MS IE (6.0) is OK.

Regards,

Vlado B, 24jul04 14:05 Summer Time

Vladimir Benko      <Benko at fedu.uniba.sk>

Comenius University, Faculty of Education
Computational Linguistics Laboratory
Moskovska 3, SK-81334 Bratislava
Tel +421-2-55576744         Fax -55572244