[Corpora-List] semantic tagset and/or annotated dictionaries

Andrew Harley aharley at cambridge.org
Thu Mar 6 14:44:34 UTC 2003

At 16:31 06/03/2003 +0200, Sergei Olonichev wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Does anybody know any existing, practical semantic tagset(s) and/or
>annotated dictionaries for English nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs.
>

>Many thanks,
>Sergei

The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (CALD), to be published this
month, includes SmartThesaurus, where each definition has a semantic tag,
being categorised by hand into one of just over 2000 semantic groups. This
data will also be available in XML form for research and commercial
development. See http://dictionary.cambridge.org/researchers.htm for
details of some of our earlier products - details of CALD will follow on
the website shortly.

Andrew Harley
Electronic Development Manager
English Language Teaching & Dictionaries
Cambridge University Press

Direct line: (01223)325880

http://uk.cambridge.org/elt/cdrom

Cambridge Dictionaries Online (100,000 searches each day):
http://dictionary.cambridge.org