[Corpora-List] BNC in XML?

Scott James Cederberg cederber at csli.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 12 02:10:14 UTC 2003

Hello,

	Is anyone aware of a version of the BNC (and its associated
	DTD's) that has been converted to XML, or of a straightforward
	process for doing so?  Has anyone else at least wished for an XML
	version of the BNC?

	I'm aware of James Clark's sx program for conversion of SGML
	documents to XML, although I haven't been able to get it (or
	its opensx successor) to work.  I'm also aware of the
	PizzaChef tool for generating TEI-compliant DTD's.  If these
	seem like a good way to go, any pointers on their use would be
	appreciated.

	Thanks for your help.

							Scott

--
Scott Cederberg
Center for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI)