[Corpora-List] using Range with BNC

Nick Mieuli nickman98 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 02:38:18 UTC 2003

Can anybody help me with a project I'm working on for my MA?

I have the Range program which checks how many words in a given text are
covered by the GSL and Academic Word List.  I want to know if it is possible
to run this program on the BNC.  Since Range can only check .txt files, is
there any way to convert the BNC files to this format?  Alternatively, is
there another way I could find how much coverage these lists (or another
word list) give of the BNC?  Or, is anybody familiar with any similar
research?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Nick Mieuli

Nick Mieuli
nickman98 at hotmail.com