[Corpora-List] Another New book

Santos Diana Diana.Santos at sintef.no
Wed Dec 1 14:21:48 UTC 2004

Dear All,

Maybe the same set of people (or at least of the same size of
corpora-list subscribers) is interested as well in my book, published
this spring by Rodopi:

Diana Santos. Translation-based corpus studies: Contrasting Portuguese
and English tense and aspect systems.

URL http://www.rodopi.nl/senj.asp?BookId=LC+50

It is about contrastive studies based on parallel corpora, in the realm
of tense and aspect, with a strong emphasis in methodology.

About the advertising bit: I'm not sure whether this is wrong in terms
of netiquete, but I think that people interested in discussing corpus
linguistics subjects might even like to hear about these books.
Maybe the corpora-list moderators should state their opinion/policy on
these matters? A special page with this kind of book announcements could
be provided in the corpora-list page, as an alternative to sending it to
everyone? What do you think?

Best,
Diana