[Corpora-List] Open-source corpus query tools

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:18:06 UTC 2004

Grzegorz -

you may want to check out the NITE XML Toolkit

http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/NITE/

This is a much more recent package, based on XML technologies. There is
a nice query language, the representation format is well worked out
(supports time-alignment), there is a useful library with an API for
Java (read / run queries etc.) and they have components that allow you
to throw together GUI based annotation tools. Documentation is
available, too (even though it takes a few clicks to get through to
it...)

The above link is at Edinburgh, but the Stuttgart people have
co-developed NXT, as have others.

Cheers
Dave

--
David Reitter - ICCS/HCRC, Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Blog: http://www.davids-world.com   Homepage: