[Corpora-List] Chargrams (letter ngrams) in the BNC

William Fletcher fletcher at usna.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:29:39 UTC 2004

Bruce Lambert's recent query on letter n-grams prompted me to move this
up my to-do list.  Yesterday I posted a reference to lists of letter
n-grams in words occurring 15 or more  times in the BNC for n=1-3.

Today I imported my "chargram" lists into a database for easy
exploration by position (initial, medial, final) and frequency in types
or token.  Wildcard  matching is available.  While documentation is
preliminary, the user interface is similar to that of the rest of the
"Phrases in English" site.

Online at
  http://pie.usna.edu/explorec.html
Comments and suggestions welcomed.