[Corpora-List] BNC online down???

P. Kaszubski przemka at amu.edu.pl
Thu Feb 5 12:23:46 UTC 2004

I know of no big and balanced ones - but LOB, Brown and BNC Sampler
can be accessed from Tom Cobb's Compleat Lexical Tutor
(http://132.208.224.131/Concord.htm) and/or Virtual Language Centre's
Web Concordancer (http://www.edict.com.hk/concordance/).
The latter allows you to search The Times 1995 archive as well.

HTH

P. Kaszubski

PS. BNC simple search first went down a couple of weeks ago and was
restored on my request. Now the internal server error is back with
vengeance...

On 5 Feb 2004 at 9:27, Stella Tagnin wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Does anyone happen to know what's the matter with the BNC online version?  I haven't been able to access for a few days.
>
> Hope it's nothing serious! What with Cobuild "out of the game" (temporarily, I hope), we'd be left with no online corpora for English!
>
> Or does anyone know of other corpora available on the Web?
>
> Thanks for any light!
>
> Stella
>
> Stella E. O. Tagnin
> Projeto COMET
> FFLCH - Universidade de Săo Paulo
> Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto, 403 - sala 14
> 05508-900 - Săo Paulo - SP
> Tel.: 55 11 3091-2929
> Fax 55 11 3032-2325
> projetocomet at edu.usp.br