[Corpora-List] How to word presentation for word clustering?

Clive De Silva cd334 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 14:44:00 UTC 2004

Dear Chen Wenliang,

I am using TF*IDF values as my representation for words.
vector w = { tf(1)*IDF(1), tf(2)*IDF(2)....,tf(n)*IDF(n))} where the IDF is
computed from a large corpus. This seems to give better results than just
the raw frequency counts.
The representations I investigated were: TF, TF*IDF and simple binary(1
represents the word existing in the vector and 0 if it isn't) counts.

Regards,

Clive De Silva
University of Cambridge