[Corpora-List] devoicing at the end of the modern and Old Greek word?

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Sun Jun 20 16:51:44 UTC 2004

Dear Corpora colleagues, could you tell me if voiced consonants such as "b, d, g", etc. are devoiced at the end of the Greek word into something like "p, t, k, x" etc. in modern Greek and in Old Greek? I'd like to compute the frequency of occurrence of Greek phonemes and to compare the frequencies in modern and Old Greek. Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at hotmail.com Remain yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev