[Corpora-List] Text-to-speech job openings at Rhetorical Systems, Edinburgh

Wojciech Skut wojciech at rhetorical.com
Wed Jun 30 12:04:45 UTC 2004

Rhetorical Systems, a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions
based in Edinburgh, Scotland, has 3 job vacancies in the R&D team:

	* SOFTWARE ENGINEER WITH TEXT PROCESSING BACKGROUND

	* TEXT-TO-SPEECH ENGINEER

	* SOFTWARE ENGINEER

The job descriptions are given below. For more information on
Rhetorical, see www.rhetorical.com.

To apply, send your CV to personnel at rhetorical.com. Please
state clearly which job you are interested in.

SOFTWARE ENGINEER WITH TEXT PROCESSING BACKGROUND

Rhetorical Systems, a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions, is
looking for a software engineer with a natural language processing
background.  Minimal requirements:

· degree in Computer Science or a related field
· min. 3 years of experience in C and C++ programming
· experience with developing industrial NLP applications
· excellent knowledge of finite-state technology and parsing algorithms

The following skills would be seen as an asset:

· knowledge of statistical NLP and/or speech processing methods
· PhD in natural language processing
· previous experience with text-to-speech systems
· knowledge of languages other than English

The successful candidate will join our R&D team in Edinburgh, UK, and
work on our text normalisation system.

Our research and development team is the largest and most experienced
text-to-speech team in the world. Our complete focus on text-to-speech
allows us to set very high standards as we innovate, develop and
maintain the highest quality products and services.

We provide our staff with a supportive and fun environment to work in,
with plenty of scope for personal and career development. Staff are
offered a highly competitive package of salary and share options, five
weeks of holidays, and other benefits.

Applicants should send a CV to:

Personnel Division
Rhetorical Systems
4 Crichton's Close
Edinburgh EH8 8DT
UK

Email applications or informal queries regarding job opportunities at
Rhetorical can be sent to personnel at rhetorical.com. Please state
clearly that you are interested in the text processing post.

TTS ENGINEER

Rhetorical Systems, a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions,
is looking for a software engineer with a strong interest in
speech technology, to strengthen its R&D team.
The ideal candidate should have:

* excellent programming skills (C/C++, Python, Tkinter)
* experience of MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments
* excellent communication and personal skills

Previous experience with text-to-speech systems (esp. unit
selection) would be an asset, as would knowledge of languages
other than English.

The successful candidate will join our R&D team in Edinburgh, UK,
to work on TTS quality control. This involves the development,
maintenance and documentation of diagnostic tools and automated
test scripts, in close collaboration with the language group,
the voice development group, and the software group.

Our research and development team is the largest and most experienced
text-to-speech team in the world. Our complete focus on text-to-speech
allows us to set very high standards as we innovate, develop and
maintain the highest quality products and services.

We provide our staff with a supportive and fun environment to work in,
with plenty of scope for personal and career development. Staff are
offered a highly competitive package of salary and share options, five
weeks of holidays, and other benefits.

Applicants should send a CV to:

Personnel Division
Rhetorical Systems
4 Crichton's Close
Edinburgh EH8 8DT
UK

Email applications or informal queries regarding job opportunities at
Rhetorical can be sent to personnel at rhetorical.com. Please state
clearly that you are interested in the quality control engineering
post.

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Rhetorical Systems, a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions, is
looking for a software engineer to strengthen its software engineering
team. The ideal candidate should have:

* excellent programming skills (C/C++, Java, Python).
* experience of MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
* excellent communication and personal skills.
* knowledge of the software lifecycle.

Useful Additional skills

* experience with XML/HTML
* experience with GUI developement

The successful candidate will join our software engineering team in
Edinburgh, UK, to work on development and testing of existing and
new software. This role is varied giving you exposure to all aspects
of the software lifecycle, including testing, installation, development,
and internal support.

We provide our staff with a supportive and fun environment to work in,
with plenty of scope for personal and career development. Staff are
offered a highly competitive package of salary and share options, five
weeks of holidays, and other benefits.

Applicants should send a CV to:

Personnel Division
Rhetorical Systems
4 Crichton's Close
Edinburgh EH8 8DT
UK

Email applications or informal queries regarding job opportunities at
Rhetorical can be sent to personnel at rhetorical.com. Please state
clearly that you are interested in the software engineering post.