[Corpora-List] Research Position for Longman Dictionaries

Crowdy, Steve Steve.Crowdy at pearson.com
Tue Mar 2 17:39:45 UTC 2004

Longman Dictionaries, part of Pearson Education, is looking for Japanese
native-speakers to give linguistic advice on Japanese editions of some
dictionaries being published by the Pearson Education Japan publishing unit.

Candidates should be able to communicate fluently in both spoken and written
English (American English preferred) and experience of dictionary editing is
very desirable.
Knowledge of corpora and computational linguistics would be an added
advantage.
The work would be offered on a freelance basis, and could be done from
either Japan or the UK.
To apply, please send a full CV to Janine Trainor:
Janine.trainor at pearson.com

If you were not an intended recipient,