[Corpora-List] Summary: German verb subcategorization frequencies

Stefan Th. Gries STGries at sitkom.sdu.dk
Tue Mar 16 16:29:43 UTC 2004

Dear colleagues

About a week ago, I sent a query concerning German verb subcategorization
frequencies to this list. I received a handful of replies, most of which
directed me to the most relevant work done by Sabine Schulte im Walde
<http://www.schulteimwalde.de>; the following summarizes all replies I got:

--- Publications and websites:
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~eckle/complex96lt.ps.gz (paper by Eckle & Heid)
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~eckle/KuhnEckleRohrer98.ps.gz (paper by Kuhn,
Eckle-Kohler & Rohrer)
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/tcl/RESOURCES/German-Lexicon-en.html
http://www.schulteimwalde.de/publication.html
http://www.schulteimwalde.de/phd-thesis.html
Schulte im Walde, Sabine. "Evaluating Verb Subcategorisation Frames learned by a
German Statistical Grammar against Manual Definitions in the Duden Dictionary"
Proceedings of the 10th EURALEX International Congress, Copenhagen, Denmark,
August 2002.

--- Corpora from which the subcategorization information can be extracted:
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/projekte/TIGER/TIGERCorpus/
http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/sfb378/negra-corpus/negra-corpus.html

I thank the following colleagues for their responses:
Chris Brew
Khaled Elghamry
Gregor Erbach
Brigitte Krenn