[Corpora-List] Seeking electronic versions of Latin texts

Susan Pintzuk sp20 at york.ac.uk
Mon May 3 18:46:59 UTC 2004

We are beginning a pilot study to investigate the feasibility of
linking sentences in Old English translations of Latin texts to their
Latin originals. We are working with an annotated electronic Old
English Corpus (the York-Toronto-Helsinki Parsed Corpus of Old English
Prose, the YCOE), and we plan to annotate electronic versions of the
Latin texts with the YCOE sentence IDs. This will enable linguists and
other scholars to investigate the influence of Latin on Old English
word order. However, we are having trouble finding electronic versions
of most of the Latin texts. The ones we want are listed below. If you
have electronic versions of these Latin texts, or if you know where
they can be obtained, we would very much like to hear from you. We
will seek copyright permission where necessary, and we will gratefully
acknowledge owners of the texts where appropriate.

Susan Pintzuk and Ann Taylor
University of York (UK)
sp20 at york.ac.uk and at9 at york.ac.uk

Alexander's Letter to Aristotle
Apollonius of Tyre
Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People
Benedictine Rule
Boethius de Consolatione Philosophiae
Byrhtferth's Manual
The Life of Saint Chad