[Corpora-List] wordlist of derived words

eneko agirre eneko at si.ehu.es
Fri May 21 14:45:07 UTC 2004

[sorry if you receive the message twice]

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for a list of derived words for any of the following
languages: English, Spanish, Italian or Catalan.

I am aware of derivation relations in WordNet 2.0 for English, but I wonder
if there is any other resource I can share.

What I am looking for is a list of the following kind:

    derived form (PoS) - root (PoS) - suffix

Like for instance:

    brewer (N) - brew (V) - +er

    cervecería (N) - cerveza (N) - +ería

I am also interested in more complex compositional/derivational relations
like the following:

    playwriter (N) - play (V) - +writer

You can reply to me personally, and, if there is interest, I can send a
summary to the list.

Thanks for your help,

eneko

Eneko Agirre
Informatika Fakultatea                 mailto:eneko at si.ehu.es
649 p.k. - 20.080 Donostia             fax:  (+34) 943 015590
Euskal Herria / Basque Country         tel:  (+34) 943 015019