[Corpora-List] [E-Announce] Open source language analyzers

Lluís Padró padro at lsi.upc.es
Mon May 24 09:37:42 UTC 2004

--- We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this
announcement. ---

  Dear list members,

    We are pleased to announce the release of FreeLing version 1.1, which
 improves version 1.0, and includes new functionalities, such as shallow
parsing.
   FreeLing is being presented this week at LREC in Lisboa.
   Find more information and download the software at
http://www.lsi.upc.es/~nlp

  FreeLing is an open-source C++ library providing language
analysis services (such as morfological analysis, date recognition,
 PoS tagging, shallow parsing, etc.).   The sofwtare is released under LGPL.

 FreeLing has been developed a the TALP Research Center in
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (http://www.lsi.upc.es/~nlp).
 The linguistic data included in the package has been coded by
Centre de Llenguatge i Computació in Universitat de Barcelona
(http://clic.fil.ub.es)

  The current version (1.1) of the package provides tokenizing, sentence
splitting, morphological analysis, NE detection, date/number/currency
recognition, PoS tagging and shallow parsing.

   FreeLing is designed to be used as an external library from any
application requiring this kind of services. Nevertheless, a simple
main program is also provided as a basic interface to the library,
which enables the user to analyze text files from the command line.