[Corpora-List] Collocate 1.0

barlow at rice.edu barlow at rice.edu
Fri Sep 10 18:43:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have completed version 1.0 of Collocate, a Windows program which extracts
collocates, n-grams, collocations from a corpus using Mutual Information, log
likelihood, etc. More info and a demo is available at
www.athel.com/colloc.html. (The demo processes the corpus in the same way as
the full version, but only returns the top 5 results.)

On a more personal level, I did not announce on the list my departure from Rice
University last December, but let me give my new contact details now. I have
taken up an Assoc. Prof position at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
I am in NZ from Jan until July each year. The rest of the year I am in Houston
or travelling --- I am going to NZ tomorrow and then Korea/Japan the week
after. In the second half of the year I will be giving talks, workshops, etc. I
will post my schedule on the Athelstan website.

My academic email address is mi.barlow at auckland.ac.nz (although the email server
seems to be down today); my commercial email address is barlow at athel.com.

Michael