[Corpora-List] Advanced Technology position at Kanisa, Inc. in Cupertino, California

Copperman, Max Max.Copperman at kanisa.com
Fri Sep 17 23:16:10 UTC 2004

Kanisa creates knowledge management applications for web self-service and call center agents, used by Fortune 500 companies including Apple, Microsoft, Ford, and Nike. Our applications are built on an innovative knowledge platform that includes deep, patented ontology, categorization, multi-dimensional information retrieval, and machine learning technologies.

A core cpapbility that we provide to our customers is enterprise search.  While internet search is sometimes considered a solved problem; enterprise search  is not; scalability and performance issues aside, enterprise search is harder.  We have plenty of interesting problems to work on.

We are looking for a senior advanced technology engineer to join our Advanced Technology Group. The right candidate will have hands-on experience building production quality code in C++ and/or Java, and a deep background in AI-related areas such as automated classification, information retrieval, natural language processing, knowledge representation, and statistical machine learning. We are looking for a talented, experienced individual who knows how to innovate in these areas, wants to make production quality versions of their innovations, and wants to get them into the hands of users, in the form of production quality products.

*	BS or advanced degree in computer science (advanced degree preferred)
*	8+ yrs software development experience
*	5+ yrs professional C++ experience
*	Java experience a significant plus
*	Experience working on commercial software products that include machine learning, information retrieval, search, natural language processing, or automated classification algorithms.
This is a full time, permanent position and includes a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested parties please contact Max Copperman, Director of Advanced Technology, via email: Max.Copperman at kanisa.com.