[Corpora-List] - Relative Clauses + ICE-Singapore + tags

Brigitte Wesserle brigitte.wesserle at stud.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Apr 5 17:22:58 UTC 2005

Dear List members,

I am currently preparing a corpus-based project investigating relative clauses in
Singapore English, using ICE-Singapore.

(1)
Now I would like to take this opportunity to ask you whether you possibly know of such
a study already having been conducted in the past (I have not found any published
ones to this date).

Of course, studies on relative clauses based on other components of the ICE (in
particular on "New Englishes") would also be of great interest to me.

I would be extremely interested in hearing about any such projects, so that I could - if
needed - adjust mine accordingly.

(2)
Also, as ICE-SIN is untagged/unparsed (plain text version), I will need to introduce
some tags (I am using WordSmith, on Windows).
Is it possible that there already exists a tagfile for ICE-Singapore? If yes, where might
I be able to get hold of it?

I would be very grateful for any information, and many thanks in advance for your kind
help.

Best regards,
Brigitte Wesserle.

(University of Regensburg, Germany).