[Corpora-List] grapheme-to-phoneme mapping

Ngoni Chipere n.chipere at reading.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 22:58:39 UTC 2005

Dear all

I am looking for a word list that specifies direct grapheme-phoneme
mappings. The lists I'm familiar with, eg. CMU Pronunciation Dictionary; MRC
Psycholinguistic Database; Moby Pronunciator and the Oxford Learner's
Dictionary all provide phonetic transcriptions for entire words but do not
indicate which particular grapheme(s) correspond(s) to which particular
phoneme(s).

I'm sure a number of people writing lexicon-based text-to-speech
applications have compiled the sort of list I'm looking for. I've been
searching the list archives but I ain't seen nothing yet. I'd be most
grateful for responses.

Ngoni