[Corpora-List] EVALB installation problems

David Brooks D.J.Brooks at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 19:50:41 UTC 2005

radev at umich.edu wrote:
> I have been using it successfully. What error messages are you
> getting?

I downloaded the version from the website. The binary didn't work, so I
removed it and then ran the Makefile that was present. I am a little
unsure about exactly which C variant it is, as it doesn't look like the
rudimentary C++ that I've learned. Perhaps If I could figure that out, I
could force it to compile with some kind of backwards-compatibility...

I'm using gcc version 3.4.3 20050227 (Red Hat 3.4.3-22.fc3)

Thanks for the prompt responses, btw.
David

------
[djb at milady EVALB]$ make
gcc -Wall -g -o ../EVALB/evalb evalb.c
evalb.c:269: error: conflicting types for 'fprintf'
evalb.c:269: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:269: error: conflicting types for 'fprintf'
evalb.c:269: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:270: error: conflicting types for 'printf'
evalb.c:270: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:270: error: conflicting types for 'printf'
evalb.c:270: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:273: error: conflicting types for 'sscanf'
evalb.c:273: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:273: error: conflicting types for 'sscanf'
evalb.c:273: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an
empty parameter name list declaration
evalb.c:284: warning: return type of 'main' is not `int'
evalb.c: In function `main':
evalb.c:301: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'
make: *** [evalb] Error 1