[Corpora-List] Query about nomenclature

John Mckenny john.mckenny at unn.ac.uk
Sun Mar 6 14:56:29 UTC 2005

Dear CORPORA subscribers
Should it be N-gram/Ngram/n-gram/ngram? Is there a consensus about which of
these four to use? Is there a way to measure usage on the Web via
www.webcorp.org.uk <www.webcorp.org.uk>   or other meta-engines?
What comes after bigrams, trigrams?  Is it 4grams, 5grams etc. or could it
be something like quadrigrams, pentagrams, hexagrams? It was pointed out to
me that pentagram is a Satanist symbol.
Advice please. I'll summarize any answers which come to me and not to the
list.
John

====
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to this e-mail
to highlight the error. You should also be aware that all electronic mail
from, to, or within Northumbria University may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and
therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving
Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.