[Corpora-List] Computational Linguist Job Announcement

Michael Osofsky mjosofsky at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 18 04:37:23 UTC 2005

JOB TITLE:  Computational Linguist
LOCATION:  Mountain View, CA

This position is for a Computational Linguist who is well established in the field to play a hands-on role innovating on our patent-pending technology.  The ideal candidate is passionate about applying theory to practice and demonstrates leadership by acting as a role-model.  We are a startup located in Mountain View, California.

Qualifications:
-8+ years commercial experience in software engineering
-Startup mentality (proactive, optimistic, flexible and willing to be extremely hands-on)
-Experience with software scalability
-Demonstrated leadership ability and strong teamwork and communication skills
-High degree of integrity, passion and drive
-MS in Computational Linguistics or related field, PhD preferred
-Natural sciences background or patent-holder desired

Compensation includes stock options and benefits include medical and dental.  Please submit resume and cover letter via email to mjosofsky at alum.mit.edu with the subject of Computational Linguist.  US work authorization required.

o Natural Language Processing (NLP)
o Machine Learning
o Information Retrieval
o Knowledge Extraction