[Corpora-List] producing n-gram lists in java

Chris Callison-Burch callison-burch at ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 17:04:07 UTC 2005

Dear Christopher,

The suffix array data structure is particularly useful for this type of
problem.  You should check out "Using Suffix Arrays to compute Term
Frequency and Document Frequency for All Substrings in a Corpus" by
Yamamoto and Church, which has code examples written in C that are
pretty easy to replicate in Java.

Yours,
Chris Callison-Burch

@article{ Yamamoto2001,
   author =  {Mikio Yamamoto and Kenneth Church},
   title =   {Using Suffix Arrays to compute Term Frequency and Document
Frequency for All Substrings in a Corpus},
   journal = {Compuatational Linguistics},
   year =    {2001},
   volume =  {27},
   number =  {1},