[Corpora-List] references on automatic summarization evaluation

Antoinette Renouf Antoinette.Renouf at uce.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 13:46:35 UTC 2005

hi,

> does anyone has any references concerning evaluation systems of

> automatic summarization, different methods...

> thank you

> samira

We devised a simple method of evaluating our own summarisation software,
which involved introducing progressively larger proportions of
extraneous text into the text being summarised. In case of interest,
see:

Renouf, A & A Kehoe (2004). 'Textual Distraction as a Basis for
Evaluating Automatic Summarisers', in Lino, M. T., Xavier, M. F.,
Ferreira, F. et al. (eds.). Proceedings of LREC-2004 (vols. I-4).
Lisboa, Portugal. ELRA.

Antoinette Renouf
Professor of English Language and Linguistics
University of Central England in Birmingham

Birmingham B42 2SU

 url: http://rdues.uce.ac.uk <http://rdues.uce.ac.uk>

http://www.webcorp.org.uk/ <http://www.webcorp.org.uk/>