[Corpora-List] Wordsmith Collocation-EQUO

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 09:45:53 UTC 2005

Linda, this is probably a result of the fact that Wordsmith doesn't
really "grok" SGML, so it doesn't recognize that "&equo;" is an entity
reference meaning "end-quotation-mark", so it thinks it's a word.

Of course, that might be quite useful -- it shows that the words
collocate closely with the *end* of a quoted phrase, rather than the start.