[Corpora-List] automatic definition construction/retrieval

Martin Krallinger martink at cnb.uam.es
Fri Sep 2 12:23:44 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I wonder if anybody could provide me with some advice related to tools
or references related to the:

1) automatic construction of dictionary-like definitions of terms
extracted automatically from free text articles, or alternatively

2) the retrieval of sentences which are likely to describe definitions
of terms within documents would also be appreciated.

For instance a domain specific example could be :
[HpaB] : HpaB is a protein which promotes the secretion of a large set
of effector proteins and prevents the delivery of non-effectors into the
plant cell.

I am actually aware of the following reference:

@Article{ Riloff:1993,
     author = {Riloff,E.},
     title = {{Automatically Constructing a Dictionary for Information
Extraction Tasks.}},
     journal = { Proceedings of the Eleventh National Conference on
Artificial Intelligence.},
     pages = {811--816},
     year = {1993},
}