[Corpora-List] Pragmatic annotations

Jane A. Edwards edwards at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Sep 9 06:19:03 UTC 2005

There's an article by Lampert and Ervin-Tripp in _Talking Data: Transcription
and Coding for Discourse Research__, 1993 (edited by Martin Lampert and I)
which describes principles for designing, implementing and evaluating a
system of codes, including statistics of intercoder reliability.
The general principles are illustrated by examples from control acts coding
in children, but the principles themselves are general so as to be useful
for any large project where coding is intended to represent systematic
conceptual distinctions.

Taking things in a different direction, you might be interested in the
large array of different types of coding compiled by the MATE project at
http://mate.nis.sdu.dk/about/deliverables.html - esp. D1.1 and D4.1.

Best Wishes,

-Jane Edwards
----------------
On Sun, September  4, 2005 at 12:42PM, Victoria Lpez wrote:
> Dear List members,
>
> For my research, I am looking for articles, books or research on pragmatic
> annotation, but I haven't found so many articles about its definition,
> description, or the way it is made.
>
> I am also very interested in the possible application and relevance to
> sublanguages.
>
> Does any of you know some information about this issue?
>
> I'd greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Victoria López

Jane Edwards                     International Computer Science Institute
System Admin.                    1947 Center St., Berkeley, CA 94704-1198
phone: (510) 666-2945            email: edwards at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU