[Corpora-List] Looking for references

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Fri Sep 9 19:12:56 UTC 2005

geoffrey.williams wrote:

> I am trying to get hold of two articles by Martin Joos, namely:
>
> JOOS M. 1958. Semiology : A linguistic theory of meaning. SIL 13. 53-70.
>
> JOOS M. 1962. Structure in meaning. MSLL 13. 41-48.
>
> Our interlibrary loan service will get them, if I can name the journal.
> Does anyone know what SIL and MSLL stand for in this instance.

SIL has been used for _Studies in Linguistics_ (University of Buffalo
Dept. of Anthropology and Linguistics, ISSN 0039-372X, dropped in 1980)
and _Summer Institute of Linguistics Publications in Linguistics_
(probably Arlington, Texas, ISSN 0079-7669, dropped in 1989).

MSLL has been used for the _Monograph Series on Languages and Linguistics_
(Georgetown University Press, ISSN unknown, dropped in 1975).

-- Mark

Mark P. Line
Polymathix
San Antonio, TX