[Corpora-List] Q: Linguistic issues in the instant messaging domain

Iddo Greental greenta at post.tau.ac.il
Wed Apr 5 07:21:36 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora list members,

I am looking for research and resources on the language used in the
domain of instant messaging. Particularly, linguistic phenomena that
are highlighted by the real-time nature of instant messaging.
So far I found precious few references, for instance Baron, N., 2004,
which looks at gender issues, and some references therein.

So, I would appreciate any ideas, references, and more importantly,
available resources... I will post a summary of the replies.

Your help is highly appreciated,
Iddo