[Corpora-List] PLEASE help me with an Arabic corpus

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 09:08:04 UTC 2006

Yousef,

The Language research group in the School of Computing at Leeds University
has an ongoing interest in corpus-based research on Arabic, see
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/arabic

This includes links to a number of freely-downloadable resources:

An Arabic corpus, the Corpus of Contemporary Arabic;

An open-source concordance tool for analysis of Arabic texts, aConCorde;

Publications on Arabic computing by Leeds University researchers;

And, of course, "Postgraduate degrees by research - how to apply" ;-)

Enjoy!

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England