[Corpora-List] A children magazine in British English

Su-hsun Tsai teemsht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 08:23:37 UTC 2006

Dear members in Corpora,

Can anyone give a hand where we can find a kid's magazine (for Graders 4-7)
published in British English?  This will be used as a "reference" text for a
frequency count on multi-word verbal phrases used in the magazine (examples
like "bring up," "go into," "take away," …).

A student of mine is interested in researching a topic dealing with the
verbal phrases used in the local English textbooks.  She needs contemporary
reference corpora both from American English and British English.  For the
former, I suggest her to use the articles in TIME for Kids (
http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/magazines/archive).  However, I have no idea
for a similar one published in British English available online.

Your guiding would be highly appreciated.

Su-hsun

Su-hsun Tsai

Assistant Professor

Department of English Instruction

Taipei Municipal University of Education

Taiwan, ROC