[Corpora-List] XML encoding database of tagged documents

Normand Peladeau peladeau at simstat.com
Sun Jun 4 16:21:53 UTC 2006

I am currently writing an exportation procedure
to store in XML format a flat database containing
both numeric, dates, short strings and tagged documents.

The tagged documents include tags (or codes)
manually attached by different users.  Each tag
(or code) includes the following information:
    * Tag name
    * Coder's name
    * Creation date
    * Comment (plain text)
I would like to choose an XML standard that
supports such type of data and would be supported
a wide range of application in various
domains.  Any suggestion of which standard I should consider?

Normand Péladeau
Provalis Research
www.provalisresearch.com