[Corpora-List] thanks to all those who answered me and supported me

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Mon Jun 12 15:18:06 UTC 2006

 Dear CorporaList colleagues, thank you very much for
reading some of my contributions for the list. Thank you for deciding to write me. Thank you advising me to continue with my work. Thank you for considering my work important or very important. I mean the work of computing the sound pictures of world languages. I wish we could start some kind of exchange and cooperation in the field of languages which you study. Why don't you compute the sound pictures of the world languages which have not been computed to obtain the frequency of occurrence of their phonemes in their speech chains? I guess many of the world languages have not been computed to obtain the phonemic frequencies of occurrence of their speech chains. It is possible then to construct a sound picture of any language. After that it is possible to compare these sound pictures and to set up clusters and other language taxa. Have you fed in a lot of native texts in your computer? I have no access to web sites. I can only read the e-mail messages without attachments therefore I cannot comment on your ongoing work if you send me attachments. I can give you some suggestion only with the phonostatistics. However, my methods developed on phonostatistics can be applied in the lexical or syntax statistics. I wish we could start a joint venture on the native languages in the field of phonostatistics if you send me their texts or if you compute them yourself. Do you know any e-mail addresses of the editors of the linguistic journals in your country where we could publish our results? How do you like this idea? Where do you propose to get published? If you answer me and agree to start a joint project, tell me briefly about yourself. What is your speciality? What university have you graduated from? What was your major?  Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at mail.ru Remain yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia