[Corpora-List] Corpus Escrito del Espa ñol L2 (CEDEL2) -- L2 Spanish Written Corpus

Cristóbal Lozano clozan2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 10:23:12 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora List members:

We kindly request your help to distribute this info about CEDEL2.

WHAT'S "CEDEL2"?
------------------
- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain). It is funded by the Ministerio de
Educación y Ciencia (MEC), the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (CAM) and the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM).

- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.

- We are collecting a large database (corpus) of written compositions by
learners of Spanish.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
-----------------------
- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any level
(beginner, intermediate, advanced).

HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
----------------------------
- You are requested to fill in three online and anonymous forms at:
http://www.uam.es/woslac/cedel2.htm

- First form: your learning background.

- Second form: a brief composition in Spanish. We are interested in REAL and
SPONTANEOUS language, so  don't worry about making mistakes or being
assessed. Please DON'T use any dictionaries or grammar books. You can choose
between several compositions topics.

- Third form: questions about Spanish language. This is NOT an exam, but
simply a short test to check your level of Spanish.

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM IT?
-----------------------------
- We will email you the Spanish grammar test results, so you can know your
level of Spanish grammar.

- We will send you by post a certificate (stamped by the Universidad
Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our project.

WHO HAS ALREADY PARTICIPATED?
----------------------------------
So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
world, e.g.,:
- USA: University of Wisconsin at Madison, Boston University, Skidmore
Collegue, Rutgers University, George Washington University.
- UK: Open University, Cambridge University UK, Essex University, University
of Hertfordshire, St Paul's School London.
- SPAIN: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, St Louis University at Madrid,
Fundacion Ortega y Gasset at Madrid and Toledo, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas,
British Council Spain, Universidad de Cantabria.

REMEMBER:
-----------
- This is NOT an exam.
- You will NOT be assessed.
- We are simply interested in your SPONTANEOUS written Spanish language.
- All information is ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL.

PARTICIPATE NOW in CEDEL2: http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

If you (or your institution) are interested in collaborating in the research
project, please visit: http://www.uam.es/woslac/    [then click on
'institutional information']

Thank you.

Cristóbal Lozano and  Amaya Mendikoetxea (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid,
Spain)

More info: http://www.uam.es/woslac
WOSLAC research group
Word Order in Second Language Acquisition Corpora
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain