[Corpora-List] 'Standard European English' ?

MARC FRYD marc.fryd at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Mar 2 14:50:06 UTC 2006

Hi,
The comma is only rightly used for decimal numbers: "100,05", where
English usage requires a point: "100.05".
The comma is regarded as incorrect (though more and more frequent,
probably under the influence of Excel, and similar programmes) to mark
thousands, and correct usage requires a space: "1 000,05"
or "1 000 000,05"
With best regards.
Marc FRYD