[Corpora-List] 'Standard European English' ?

Yorick Wilks yorick at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 10:27:22 UTC 2006

One version of this discussion was had a few years ago when it was
seriously proposed---I forget who by--to create a corpus of "non-
native English"; not a corpus of specific Englishes  from specific
non-native groups (e.g. so as to grammar/spell correct the English of
French speakers, for example, a useful and real task)---but rather
some general corpus. I think the proposal collapsed under the
ridiculousness of the idea. I do hope so and that its not out there
somewhere waiting for users!
YW