[Corpora-List] 'Standard European English' ?

Yorick Wilks yorick at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 18:06:23 UTC 2006

Fair enough--I see that generalizations across the subsets could be
interesting provided they came from radically different language
families. And of course, I had forgotten the security interest in the
general corpus: testing whether a text/speaker could be pulled out or
diagnosed as having one among possible native origins---a holmes/
poirot sort of speciality.
YW