[Corpora-List] Re: 'Standard European English' ?

TadPiotr tadpiotr at plusnet.pl
Tue Mar 7 20:17:46 UTC 2006

One interesting question is: what is a minority language? I am a native
speaker of Polish and I was somewhat surprised to see Polish included as a
topic at a minority language conference. From the point of view of the size
of the population it is hard to consider Polish as a minority language, from
the point of view of the cultural impact it has, it certainly is a minority
language. But I would say that the same is true of Russian now. So, where to
draw the line?
Best regards,
Tadeusz Piotrowski