[Corpora-List] Re: Minor(ity) Language

Nicholas Sanders nick at semiotek.org
Thu Mar 9 09:25:39 UTC 2006

I don't think I agree with this.

Certainly Swedish is a minority language in Finland, and I think that
Finnish is a minority language in Sweden. But the Polish and
Icelandic examples don't fit the model, because they have no official
status in the countries cited.

Sigrun's argument really relies on that status - if it didn't, there
would be an awful lot of minority languages in (for example) London.

Nick

--

Nicholas J A Sanders

T: +44 [0]7092 153 409