[Corpora-List] morphological analysis: Russian

Peter Adolphs peter.adolphs at student.hu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 13 12:38:40 UTC 2006

Amanda Stent wrote:
> Jonathan Young writes:
> Dialing, at http://www.aot.ru/ .  My russian isn't good enough to tell
> exactly what the AOT folks are doing, but there's plenty of technology
> documentation, as well as a free download of both Linux and Windows
> versions of their (probably commercially sold) lemmatizer and a Python
> scripting interface.

At least the lemmatizer itself is released under a free software license
(LGPL 2.1). The status of the dictionaries is less clear to me.

BTW, the files are also available here (the content of the packages
differs slightly):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/morph-lexicon/

> - FreeBSD appears to have lemmatizers for English, German, and Russian -
> one source is
> http://osmirrors.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/lemmatizer/ .
> I haven't tested this, but it looks promising.  It may also be the same
> technology as the aot.ru lemmatizer.

Yes, it is: these files are identical to the morph-lexicon files from above.

Best regards!

--
Peter Adolphs    peter.adolphs at student.hu-berlin.de    gpg/pgp welcome!