[Corpora-List] Information about content analysis software

Flávio Barbosa flavbarb3 at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 17 17:14:13 UTC 2006

My name is Flávio. I work at Research and Documentation Managment in MULTIRIO (www.multirio.rj.gov.br), an entity created by the Municipal Government of Rio de Janeiro with the purpose of enhancing education and cultural understanding by creating, producing and broadcasting information via TV, press and the Web.
  We'd like to get a recommendation of content analysis softwares that satisfy the following needs (we've already foud some options, like Tropes and Inxight, but the research report should present other possibilities):

  1) It should process information in portuguese (and other major languages) --- this is indispensable;
  2) it should process multimedia material;
  3) it should process files in different text editors formats, as well as pdf, html etc.;
  4) it should summarize automatically text content;
  5) it should process different text extensions (not only words or expressions, but the meaning of larger text extensions);
  6) it should be possible to visualize results graphically, with varied visualization options;
  7) it should br possible to freely create semantic categories for content extraction.

  Thanks for your help. If you know a software that doesn't satisfy all the necessities above, but the majority of them, We'd also be grateful to have this information.
  -----
  Flávio Barbosa (flaviobarbosa at rio.rj.gov.br), researcher
  MultiRio -- Empresa Municipal de Multimeios
  Research and Documentation Managment
  Phones: 55 21 2528-8258
                55 21 2528-8244