[Corpora-List] Comments on PDF Conversion

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Tue Mar 28 21:09:50 UTC 2006

Thanks to all who have replied.  After I've made sense of it all (many
nice intriguing suggestions), I'll post a summary.  A few further
comments are in order.

I only have Acrobat reader, so I can't create in it.  But, it seems to
me that it should be like any other word processor where you can insert
things like footnotes, headers, figures, tables, etc.  With at least
WordPerfect (with its reveal codes), you can see that codes are used to
mark things up.  Musn't Adobe have something similar in Acrobat?

I've gotten into the innards of pdf2html code, but I haven't yet sussed
out the control codes, so this was what I'm after.  My objective is to
to mine ACL conference and workshop proceedings for new lexical items
(particularly since they have such a nice common format).  So, it seems
to me that getting it right for our community is a worthwhile objective.

Thanks again,
	Ken
--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Home Page: http://www.clres.com