[Corpora-List] Graded reading materials

Brett Reynolds brett at forsyths.ca
Wed Mar 29 17:28:06 UTC 2006

Paul Nation and Karen Wang have done a corpus study of the Oxford
Bookworms series of graded readers. Perhaps, other publishers of
graded readers would also be willing to make their texts available.

Nation, P., & Wang, K. M.-T. (1999). Graded readers and vocabulary.
Reading in a Foreign Language, 12, 355-380.

Best,
Brett

On Mar 29, 2006, at 2:11 AM, xing wrote:

> I am studying on the readability of English discourses based on the
> theory of information. Now I have developed a program which can
> distinguish English texts from different difficulty levels. Now my
> puzzle is how to get enough graded English texts to test my result.
> I have collected some materials such as TOEFL reading materials to
> test the result. But the amount is not big enough. I hope I can get
> more English reading materials which have been graded by people.
> The materials can be English examination materials,course
> books,stories, novels, news or anything. The broader the better.

Brett Reynolds
English Language Centre
Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
brett.reynolds at humber.ca