[Corpora-List] American and British English spelling converter

Martin Krallinger martink at cnb.uam.es
Thu Nov 2 16:37:19 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I was looking for some simple tool (preferable in Python) which
is able to do automatic conversion of texts (or words) from
British English (UK) to American (US)  English and vice versa.
(Example:  realize <-> realise)

This seems to be an easy task, but I could not find any ready to use
stand alone tool capable of performing this task.

I want to integrate this application into an Information extraction system
which handles scientific literature.

I am also interested in references where aspects related to US/UK English
spelling has been analyzed in the context of information extraction, text
mining and terminology extraction.

Best regards,

Martin