[Corpora-List] Letter Corpus?

Kilian Evang kevang at web.de
Thu Nov 2 22:34:13 UTC 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you as a student assistant of Prof. Sigrid Beck at the
University of Tübingen (Chair of descriptive and theoretical
linguistics), currently involved in a research project that compares
the use of 'again' in 19th century vs. contemporary English. We're
studying letters written by native speakers. For 19th century English,
we already have sufficient material, now we want to put together a
corpus of letters by about 20 different speakers written after 1990,
ideally summing up to at least 45 occurences of 'again' for each
speaker. As an alternative to letters, interview transcripts would be
fine. We would be grateful for any source you could refer us to or any
hint you could give us.

Yours sincerely,
Kilian Evang