[Corpora-List] American and British English spelling converter

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Fri Nov 3 15:12:45 UTC 2006

The best reference providing a systematic exploration of differences
between British and American English (with other varieties thrown it) is
"Mighty Fine Words and Smashing Expressions: Making Sense of
Transatlantic English" by Orin Hargraves (2002).  I recommended to
Graeme Hirst that this be formally reviewed in Computational
Linguistics.  As he pointed out, and I agree, the book is on the edge of
CL and one would have to proceed systematically.  The book provides a
good basis for doing this.

	Ken

--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Home Page: http://www.clres.com