[Corpora-List] Sublanguage Corpus Size

eeumerid at cc.uoi.gr eeumerid at cc.uoi.gr
Sun Nov 12 05:56:49 UTC 2006

I would like to ask what would be a permittable size for a sublanguage corpus?

I would also like to ask if there has been any recent work on sublanguage/genre
or text type discimination on the basis of verbal form (both finite and
non-finite forms)
or
if there has been recent work referring to verb form distribution i.e. which are
the most frequent tenses or verb forms etc. in specific special languages.  I am
particularly interested in the legal, commercial, computing or science special
language in general.

I am aware of the work by Sager Sager, J.C. Dungworth, D. and McDonald, P.F.
1980.  English Special Languages.  Wiebaden: Brandstetter Verlag. but I wonder
if there is anything more recent on the subject,

Thank you in advance.

Dr E. Eumeridou